Our Farm Share program is designed to give you access to fresh, Cariboo-grown, nutrient dense produce while deepening your relationship to the farm & farmers.
We want our farm to become your farm!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Members purchase a Farm Share during the winter/spring, paying in advance for veggies that will be available throughout the late spring, summer & fall. The amount you purchase is loaded as credit onto a card that you then use to shop with us at our farm stand and the 100 Mile Markets during 2019.
Farm share programs involve a mutual commitment between farmers and their community. In purchasing a share of the harvest before the growing season begins, the community shareholder provides farmers with much needed and appreciated finances at the leanest and most expensive stage of the growing season (spring). In return, the shareholder will have secured a portion of food from the local harvest and will have contributed to the stability of their local food market. Supporting our growing efforts at the onset of the season greatly enables us to grow and harvest more effectively during the entire season.
FARM SHARE MEMBER BENEFITS
Members enjoy simple, cashless shopping with easy access to our wide selection of local produce at three different locations, up to four different days of the week.
Plus, if you sign up by April 15th, 2019 you’ll get a free Big Rock Ranch tote bag and an extra 5% credit!!
If you sign up by May 1st, 2019 you’ll get an extra 5% credit!
We also provide members with opportunities to engage with the farm & farmers and share in seasonal events. Besides receiving our weekly newsletters, you’ll be invited to participate in our 2019 Family Sunday Funday and our Annual Farm to Fork Long Table Dinner.
You are also welcome to visit the farm during any of our monthy farm tours which are open to the public but free for members June-Sept 2019.
WHY A MARKET-BASED FARM SHARE?
Our Farm Share program is based upon the idea that a strong relationship between consumers & farmers creates healthy communities and a sustainable local food system.
We love the concept of C.S.A. (Community Supported Agriculture) programs but want to offer you more flexibility and variety!
That means you’ll get to choose the quantity and variety of veggies you want, when you want them. No need to worry about what the heck to do with arugula (unless you’re curious). Want to spend all of your credit on carrots? Go for it! And if you happen to be away for all of August absolutely no sweat.
THE FINE PRINT
- Farm Shares can be purchased in any amount, from a minimum of $150 to a maximum of $600
- Farm Shares must be paid in full by April 30th, 2019 (or earlier to qualify for the bonuses!)
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or e-transfer
- Farm Share credit can be used at our farm stand and our booths at the 100 Mile House and Clearwater Farmers Markets during 2019
- Any unused credit from 2019 will roll over into 2020
- Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash
- We always aim to provide a wide variety of produce but selection will be more limited at the start of the season
- Remember that some veggies sell out by the end of the market so come early to get your favourites!
EARLY BIRD BONUSES!!
Your early commitment to the farm makes a huge difference
Space for 2019 is also limited so we encourage you to become a Farm Share member as soon as possible.
We are offering the following early bird bonuses for 2019:
- Sign up by April 15th, 2019 and receive a Big Rock Ranch tote bag plus an extra 5% credit. That means if you purchase a $400 Farm Share you’ll have $420 worth of credit to spend.
- Sign up by May,1st, 2019 and receive an extra 5% credit. That means if you purchase a $400 Farm Share you’ll have $420 worth of credit to spend.