Layer spinach, beets, carrots, and garbanzo beans in a canning jar and top with homemade dressing for a portable salad or a fun appetizer for dinner parties.”
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 half-pint canning jars with lids and rings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Layer 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 cup beets, 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, and 1/4 cup shredded carrots in each of 4 jars.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in the remaining jar; place lid on jar. Shake until dressing is evenly combined. Pour 1/4 the dressing over each salad.
Recipe By:Alli Shircliff